Timeless Love Meets The Global Design Project Challenge #GDP001

I needed to be inspired.

I had a class to prepare for and I wasn’t feeling ‘Christmasy’ which is what I’ve been seeing a lot of lately, so what do I do? I hop online and start searching my favourite challenge blogs. There is a new challenge blog for us crafty kids to participate in that just went live just this week. It is called the Global Design Project and as I love doing most challenges, I thought I’d give their colour challenge of Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette and So Saffron a try.

GDP

I know a few people were challenged by this colour combo but as soon as I saw my ‘Timeless Love’ stamp set on my shelf, I knew it was a winner!

I had stamped my images in Smoky Slate and wanted to hand colour them in using my Blender Pens. Being unsure on how this would go as I’d only ever used my Blender Pens with our Memento Ink, I was a bit hesitant, but it worked beautifully. Such a subtle image but so stunning. I had to use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up my stamps on this project, and this is a rare thing for me to do but I wanted it all to fit perfectly on the circle. A little bit of fussy cutting and some stamp colouring with my markers and I was almost done… Or was I?

I wasn’t happy with the blank ‘white’ space on the Pink Pirouette base card. I tried adding a banner behind it… Didn’t work. I tried making the card square… Not to my taste. I thought about stamping the small image all over the base of the card but in my head it was too busy… Dotty Angles and a little bit Metallic Thread and I was in love. It matched my dry embossing using the Softly Falling TIEF on the Smoky Slate, filled up the white space and wasn’t to bold. An addition of one tiny Basic Rhinestone and that was it. My card. And I’m quite pleased. I hope my class ladies tomorrow love it too.

Happy stamping,
From your favourite Vintage Graffiti artist,
Emma xo

Product List

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “Timeless Love Meets The Global Design Project Challenge #GDP001

1. Louise Sharp says:

Emma your card is beautiful and I know your card class group will love it!! I agree, the background needed something and Dotty Angles is perfect! I also love the added touches of bling and thread. Everything you create is gorgeous and you haven’t disappointed! Thank you so much for playing along to our very first Global Design Project. Louise xo

Liked by 1 person

• vintagegraffiti says:

Naawwww Louise, thank you so much for your kind words xo. It was such a great colour combo and I was instantly inspired. I think I am going to love playing along with the Global Design Project challenges. Keep up the fabulous work everyone!!!

2. Brian says:

Emma – your project is so beautiful! I love the way you’ve incorporated the So Saffron layer behind the focal sentiment – it pulls in the yellow from the flowers perfectly. Thanks for playing along with this week’s Global Design Project color challenge.

Liked by 2 people

3. Kylie Bertucci says:

Hi Emma! I love your card! The blending you did looks awesome with the smoky slate stamping. Really well done and I agree that this stamp set works well with this colour combo. Thank you so much for playing along with this week’s Global Design Project color challenge!

Liked by 1 person

4. Paula Dobson says:

Wow, Emma! You were certainly inspired and made the perfect choice of stamps for this gorgeous card! I love how well the Dotty Angles compliments the Softly Falling EF – clever! Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Challenge x

Liked by 1 person

5. Shawn says:

Emma, this is so pretty. I do love tone-on-tone texture like your background, but what makes it even better for me is how it matches the embossed dots. Thank you for joining our first challenge at Global Design Project.

Liked by 1 person

6. thepapercaper says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card Emma! Apart from using my favourite stamp set, all the little details you’ve used work together so beautifully to make this stunner. I think my favourite part though (apart from the flowers which are a given) is the multicoloured sentiment. Just love how the colours in that work so perfectly. Thanks for supporting me and the GDP in our first challenge! I’m so glad you were able to play along! xx